Castlevania (NES) - Boss Battle

Mike_Sparrow

Hey =)

I'd like to present you my arrangement of Poison Mind or in other words - Boss Battle Theme from Castlevania (NES).

I've chosen classical instruments and a fine kick drum in the background. Also added some FX Effects =)

I hope you enjoy, just follow the link below:

http://www.mike-sparrow.ch/poison_mind.mp3

Kind regards, your Mike Sparrow

The instrumentation seems really loud. A lot of the instruments sound centered, though the tuba sounds like it's coming from the right. Pan the violin about 10 - 30 left, pan the timpani and the suspended string 10 to the left. Then again, you could put the suspended string to the right if the violin is going to the other side, giving more of a stereo effect. EQ the instruments, too. Say your violin is mostly prominent around 795Hz, if something else is clashing, reduce one of the two, usually the least important one, while still maintaining its presence. Your organ for example. I'd imagine that instrument probably sticks to the center, so you'd still be able to hear it without it killing the violin since it has both treble and bass. Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...