The Kapp'n - Kapp'n song from Animal Crossing New Leaf

Ely

Not sure why I wasn't able to find you. Could have been SoundCloud doing maintenance or something. Interesting choice to choose for this remix. I think it better captures the mood of Kapp'n's song. I think of an old town and a sailor that sees a pretty woman. He has no time to meet her because he has to go on a journey. Along the way, as he travels, there comes a heart-wrenching feeling when he thinks of her that he may never be able to resolve. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or is the orchestra panned more widely than normal? The brass felt more wide than usual to me. The piano playing is a little rigid, but still feels realistic. Maybe it's just mixed pretty far forward. I'm not on my good headphones, but that's what I'm hearing. Other than that, this is pretty well done. Good dynamics and harmonies.

Is it just me, or is the orchestra panned more widely than normal? The brass felt more wide than usual to me. The piano playing is a little rigid, but still feels realistic. Maybe it's just mixed pretty far forward. I'm not on my good headphones, but that's what I'm hearing. Other than that, this is pretty well done. Good dynamics and harmonies.

Okay, yeah, I confirm what I said now that I'm wearing my regular headphones. The piano is mixed pretty far forward, and the orchestra is wider than it is, conventionally. I'd suggest a max overall width of 30% left and right, and for the piano to be mixed further back.

Try listening to

for an orchestra panning reference.

Okay, yeah, I confirm what I said now that I'm wearing my regular headphones. The piano is mixed pretty far forward, and the orchestra is wider than it is, conventionally. I'd suggest a max overall width of 30% left and right, and for the piano to be mixed further back.

Try listening to

for an orchestra panning reference.

Thanks for the input! :) I had the brass panned from 30 to 40% depending on the instrument. The orchestra was panned too widely, like you said, I think I over did it. I listened to what you gave me for reference and I made some changes, I think it's better now. I put the piano a little bit down, but I don't know if it is enough. What do you think now? https://soundcloud.com/elypg/the-kappn-2

Nice, I like it! And I love the source a lot too - great choice.

Thank you!! I'm glad you like it :)