So I tried making some battle music...

I would've put it as finished, since I'm technically done composing it, but I'm sure there's a lot of technical things I need to do with it.

I started out making a regular battle theme, but it ended up sounding more like a boss-theme in my opinion.

Anyway, tell me what you think. Thank you!

https://soundcloud.com/omegametroid93/boss-battle

I like that progressive rock vibe but around 1:00 i expected to hear agressive drums to complete it or maybe you can keep that 1.40 intro and make a transition after to really snap the music,i think there is a good basis,it just needs some brush strokes(but as you said,your track isn't fully finished so your music will be good for sure).

:wink:

I'm programming my drums as I don't have any way to record actual ones. Nor can I actually play drums. xP

Do you have any tips on how to make programmed drums sound "agressive"?

I think these are probably the most punchy drums I've ever made, which may not be saying a whole lot. haha

Oh, and thanks for your feedback! :)

I'm programming my drums as I don't have any way to record actual ones. Nor can I actually play drums. xP

Do you have any tips on how to make programmed drums sound "agressive"?

I think these are probably the most punchy drums I've ever made, which may not be saying a whole lot. haha

Oh, and thanks for your feedback! :)

Whether your drums are programmed or played on a live kit has nothing to do with the aggressiveness of the sound. There is nothing wrong with your 'beat', but if you want it to sound punchier, you need to incorporate different sounds. It sounds like you are using a synth "shaker" instead of a high hat. A partially open high hat will add more sizzle to your steady rhythm. Big crashes on the down beat help to add excitement and energy. Your snare is so subtle it sounds like a variation of the kick. If you want it to have a lot of energy, you could compress the peak of the snare and turn it up to make it 'hold' a little bit, but you will probably want more snare in there instead of just a pop. Also, add some mids boost to the snare to distinguish it from the kick more.