Variations de Chocobo (Sax Quartet w/ XPRTNovice)

Wiesty

Hey All and Happy New Year!

Here's my first completed mix of 2015. This is a track I arranged originally for the FF7 web series as bonus content. The idea was to challenge myself to arrange the Chocobo theme, which was a challenge seeing as how Nobuo has already arranged it dozens of times himself. I decided to do a multi movement piece and named it Variations de Chocobo as it is essentially a theme and variations.

Arrangement/Mix by Dylan Wiest

Saxophones by Joe Zieja

Variations de Chocobo

i. Theme

ii. Rag

iii. Jazz

iv. Dance

https://soundcloud.com/wiesty/variations-de-chocobo-1

Edited by Wiesty

You made me not NOT want to listen to this song. So congratulations. You did the impossible. :)

Very clever once you get into the rag time stuff.

One thing that bothered me was the pauses, I would have liked it to transition directly to the next part, but it's not a big deal.

i wonder if you could add just a touch of Tape/saturation/console Emulator on the mix to make it sound a little warmer and less digital. right now it sounds like a guy with a computer and a microphone, which is what it is, rather than a studio recording...it sounds amazing, don't get me wrong, but i think for jazz you don't want that digital, perfect sound.