Final Fantasy main theme [orchestral]

Dissidia

Not sure if's different enough to be a remix?

edit: Original:

edit 2: there's many versions of this song so it's hard to say which is the original except the actual FF1 version, I don't know which one I had in mind, probably the FF8 version since I've listened to that OST most recently.

Edited by Dissidia

I really like it when classic themes are reinvented for the symphonic style, but I think that's where this track lands, though.

I don't think it's really a remix or a rendition to the extent that it does something too different from the original. It's good, really well done, and I like it, but it personally feels more like the original just being recreated for the symphonic style.

I think you should try [and that could be the hardest part] to add something else in the composition that steps away, but not too much, to do something else that would then seamlessly blend right back into the original set composition. It would also extent the track in its playtime (I want more).

But I mean, if you can do what you did with this track, I imagine you have the skills to try it, right ;)

Good job regardless...I want to play an RPG/JRPG now.

(P.S. please include the original composition/track link for comparison)

It's hard to say if a song that's already been made orchestral, could be like you say, a remix.

I think it's more a remake than a remix and that's not bad, I really like your mix and like T3KYO said, it make me wanna play FF again, specially FF 12 (which is specially what comes to my mind when I hear it).

Add something special to it, make it unique some way. And I also think you have the enough skills to make it after listening to that song. Keep going!

T3KYO: yeah I agree, I didn't get any immediate idea what to blend into this but it's almost always cool to hear when someone does that, like putting in a different theme and make it fit. Or if you can make original melodies that still fit and seem familiar, that's even more difficult though.

Jakos: I have a better picture of what it takes for a song to be a remix now I feel with your and T3KYO response. Also interesting that you noted which Final Fantasy that came to mind.

I'll try to keep my creativty open to unqiue ideas in the future, right now I'm trying to force myself to come up with something but not going so well, maybe something will pop up.

Thanks for the comments!