The Legend of Zelda - Kakariko Village Theme

mikeHEARTu

I'm kind of working on a lot of stuff. This is at a point where I think I like it enough and I'm going to stick with it BUT I'd love some feedback on it!

https://soundcloud.com/mikeheartu/kakariko-village-theme-wip

If I had to say anything about it, I'd say that is strays a bit too far from the original song. As with my Lost Woods cover though, I don't want to just play the song. I'd like to put my own flavor into it.

Also, if it feels weirdly timed, the song went from something like 3/4 to 4/4 here.

Anyway, tell me what you think! I'd love some thoughts on it :D

I love what you did with the source material, but everything else feels like a separate track. I would work on tying your original work with the source material better sonically.

I'd avoid the hard pan left in the beginning, or at least fade it in.

What is your guitar recording setup?

Thanks so much for the feedback! As this is some of my first real attempts at doing this I'm not really sure how to really blend the two OR expand upon the original theme into more of the song. It's the real challenge in doing something like this, I'm learning.

My recording setup is pretty simple. I'm using Gibson SG into a slightly older POD HD 500 straight into my computer via USB.