Climbing the ladder

I'm a complete newbie to music... I'm a self taught artist, but I ain't that bad. All I wanna know is... the right timings for...

Starting is ok... where do I place the bridge and chorus? I mean... there are 4 blocks and 8 blocks... how many times do I repeat the first verse...? things like that I don't seem to know...

By the way, I'm using FL Studio 5.

Appreciate your replies. Thanx!

I'm a complete newbie to music... I'm a self taught artist, but I ain't that bad. All I wanna know is... the right timings for...

Starting is ok... where do I place the bridge and chorus? I mean... there are 4 blocks and 8 blocks... how many times do I repeat the first verse...? things like that I don't seem to know...

By the way, I'm using FL Studio 5.

Appreciate your replies. Thanx!

hello and welcome here.

there is a specific section of this forum to discuss about music.

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7

there you'll find a lot of answers even to question you didn't want to ask! :wink:

Yeah... also... do whatever you want. The rules are basically to help things sound more formulaic. They help people read and interperet but basically it's only their as rule structure. Rules are meant to be broken.

It's possible that the thing a song you might be writing could need is a fifth line added on to the chorus so that it doesn't sound to predictable... or a chord that breaks outside of the progression to add more character.

But then again I suck at music.

Nevertheless, best of luck, thread should be where indicated. tag.

Yeah... also... do whatever you want. The rules are basically to help things sound more formulaic. They help people read and interperet but basically it's only their as rule structure. Rules are meant to be broken.

It's possible that the thing a song you might be writing could need is a fifth line added on to the chorus so that it doesn't sound to predictable... or a chord that breaks outside of the progression to add more character.

But then again I suck at music.

QFE! lollylol.

Understanding music is the key to remixing well. The composers of all the original tracks were undoubtedly steeped in musical knowledge - the best ones went to college studying it.

Of course, I don't remix at all even though I know music, so don't ask me for advice either :D