CD DJ Needed for Wedding in Lexington, KY (With Pay!)

I'm looking someone to DJ a wedding in Lexington, KY. The event will be held in mid-September and the hosts have asked me to help them find a DJ for the event. I know that some of the members here are budding and well-established DJs and there might be someone who would be willing to help us out.

The event will cover the reception. I'm looking for someone who can work with a pre-selected list of CD music and who can make general announcements during the reception. Equipment will be provided, but if you prefer to work with your own equipment, accommodations can be made. Amatuers are welcome.

The reception will last about five hours, free meal included. The hosts will pay $250 for services for the evening, negotiable based on experience. If anyone in the Lexington area is looking to earn a little extra cash, please PM me.

Thanks guys and gals. If anyone would like more information, please feel free to ask.

ifirit

• 4 weeks later...

Huh, can't believe I didn't see this.

I know a couple guys. One actually DJ'ed my brothers wedding (he's family, now :P) and the other is a guy from school who DJ'ed at Club X in Louisville (not sure if you're familiar with the club). The latter is actually located in Lexington while the other may be in Indiana (not sure, but that's where the wedding was).

I know weddings require a lot of pre-planning, but if it's not too late, I can give you some more info on them. They are both very enthusiastic individuals and have their own equipment (one even has lights, for ya know, the reception, if yal want to get crazy).

I was going to DJ my brothers wedding but... they chose someone with more experience, and I don't have any equipment. Which was a good decision, but hey, I offered, and from what I saw, it wasn't too hard ;)