Batman: Return of the Joker - Stages 1 & 6 - Guitar Cover

JeffKekenj

https://youtu.be/V5p5_bA5Lvc?list=PL3i37PRu37O1p385PTx2wqaOXuVvKnF0N

For today's video I'll be covering the Stage 1 & 6 music from "Batman: Return of the Joker". Specifically, this is a cover from the original NES game released in 1991, which was composed by Naoki Kodaka.

About the cover, I tried to keep it largely the same as the original, including original tempo and key, but added my own solo near the end of the track to change it up.

• 2 weeks later...

This was bad-ass! :D

I know you marked this as finished, but here's a few notes, maybe to keep in mind for your next ReMix, since you probably won't be making any changes to this thing:

When you play the bass solo in the intro, you play Eb Bb Eb F Gb, but in the original it's Eb Eb2 Eb F Gb, i.e. an octave up from Eb, not a fifth, and I prefer the original in that respect.

Also, in the part that at 0:58 to 1:10, you could make things more interesting by having the choir fade out to a much lower level during the first beat of the even measures, and then crescendo during the last beat of those measures to the point where they're louder than normal, like this:

0:58

G minor - choir at normal, static volume

Db minor - choir drops in volume during beat 1, stays low for 2 beats and then crescendos during the last beat

Db minor - choir drops in volume during beat 1, stays low for 2 beats and then crescendos during the last beat

1:04

Eb minor - choir drops in volume during beat 1, stays low for 2 beats and then crescendos during the last beat

Eb minor - choir drops in volume during beat 1, stays low for 2 beats and then crescendos during the last beat

1:14

or vary it up some other way.

The guitar also ends very abruptly at 1:14. It would be cool if the last two notes it plays echo with 1/2 delay time, slowly decaying for 8 seconds or so as the bass plays its thing, until it going away completely a few seconds before the main theme kicks in again at 1:27.

Personally, I would have preferred slightly louder drums.