*NO* Golden Sun 'Le Phare S'effondre!'

Liontamer

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna search the soundtrack for this, since there's no GSF rip for it and it has nearly a hundred tracks. Please help by providing an audio sample of the source material in the future.

The samples do need some more meat on 'em, but are used decently. There's some lo-fi warbling/lossyness going on with the production that needs to be removed. It's pretty noticeable during 2:09-3:11, but is around in other areas of the track. A VBR encoding could help you there, but maybe another judge has some tips.

Drums at the foundation at 3:22-4:00 sounded too looped, and the tone on 'em was no good. The transition at 4:00 felt a bit awkward as well.

The instrumentation and/or dynamics could use more variation as well. Beyond the 4-minute mark, everything in the arrangement sounded too samey and didn't engage one's interest. I felt like I had heard it all before; I'd suggest development that less subtle than this.

Finally moved into something more intense (compared to the prior material) at 6:00 for some contrast moving into the finish. Samples were still pretty weak, especially the drums. All the sounds tended to mush together throughout the track and could use some more separation, especially the brass and the strings.

Ending at 7:03 was way too sudden and weak; it felt like a copout as nothing developed towards the finish. Work for something more substantive there. Not a bad sub, but it needs more polish. Keep on it.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

I think a comination of low encoding and the fact that the instruments are not as definined as they could be let this mix down quite a bit unfortunately. I would say keep working on it, and try to get the best quality out of the encoding rate that you have to use - right now it is taking a lot out of the sound quality. I agree with Vig that this needs more definition in terms of treble, as it sounds quite muffled.

NO (please resubmit)