FF6 Umaro - Frosted Rage Flakes Extended

HoboKa

• 2 months later...

It starts out pretty conservative arrangement-wise, but it does get more interpretive later on. I like the mallet percussion that is in the background, and I think it would be interesting to feature those in a section with quieter dynamics. I'm not entirely convinced the drums work though; they seem to be out-of-place in terms of how upfront and aggressive they are, while on the other hand, the brass is kinda trying to be funny (and not aggressive). Not a huge deal but I thought I'd mention that.

1:56 starts to introduce some noodling in the drums and melody (the melody seems to meander), and the lead is pretty piercing in the upper treble (metallic, almost like you cranked up the FM depth). The tempo change starting near 2:40 is a bit weird IMO, and I'm not sure it works. By the time we reach 3:00 - 4:25, the low-mids, and soon the entire soundscape, gets quite cluttered and loud.

Personally I found this arrangement to drag longer than it needs to, not because of its length but because of how meandering it was. If you try to dissect the structure today, I think you might have a hard time. The production is OK, but still (like in past remixes of yours) has that issue where you layer a lot of elements without taking many out, and you just get a bunch of clutter from sounds that don't add anything to the mix. At this state, I hate to say it, but it's too rough for OCR. :/