Postbug [Indie Game Soundtrack]

I'm currently undertaking a Bachelor of Music degree in composition and music production at the Australian Institute of Music in Sydney. One of the units I took this trimester was an ensemble collaborative class. Typically these are for performance or recording, but this was the first time such a class had been run with the goal of creating a soundtrack for an indie video game.

Myself and five other students wrote the music for Postbug, a Boulderdash-esque indie game developed by George Hemingway in Melbourne. The game is now live with our music, which can also be bought/streamed via Bandcamp. (I'm Joel, and I contributed the track for levels Jelly Drain, Water World and Bug Fort.)

It was a rewarding experience- working to a brief, consulting with the developer and collaborating with other musicians with diverse styles and skill sets. I'm looking forward to more work like this in my next trimester, and have also lined up a paid job writing for another game developer (I'll likely post about that when it goes live!)