Jet Set Radio (Future) - Sneakman/Fly Like A Butterfly Remix

GCJ

A remix/mashup of Sneakman from the original Jet Set Radio and Fly Like A Butterfly from Jet Set Radio Future. It's primarily a Sneakman remix, but since I added a bunch of samples from Fly Like A Butterfly, and since this style of music is very sample based, I'm calling it a mashup of sorts. Suggestions/criticism appreciated!

Also, I did not sample the songs themselves; however, I did use samples used in the songs. I know sampling the song disqualifies a remix but I think this should be fine considering that it's not a direct sample and this type of music is heavily sample-based. Please let me know if I'm wrong about that! I also realize there's a long tail of silence at the end, I'd fix that when it's good enough to submit.

Remix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f26b1qzxucxvppk/Sneakman-Fly Like A Butterfly GCJ ReMix Submission.mp3?dl=0

Sneakman:

Fly Like A Butterfly:

Edited by GCJ
Changed link to version submitted; without the long trail of silence at the end.

eval

I think you're right about the samples. If the original samples are cool to use, there shouldn't be a problem. Let's hope the panel agrees.

I'm normally the guy complaining about voice clips and sound effects in tracks, but this is tastefully handled and they're integrated into the track well. It all makes sense. Check their levels though, the clips seem rather loud at times, and there's sometimes a noticeable different in level between two clips.

Not much else to say. Source is there, handled creatively. Nice groove, cool sound design.

I'm sure there are nitpicky details go hunt down, but I don't have any. I wouldn't be surprised to see this posted. It hinges on whether the use of the samples is cool with ocr or not. And of course, the ending silence. Nice work.