Metal Slug 3 - Desert Theme Remaster

JonMan94

Hello Guys, posting my first real piece of work that I feel like I can truly be happy with game-music wise, it's a remaster of the 4th level theme from Metal Slug 3, as in it stays more or less with the original source material, however all of the original instruments were redone with either higher-quality samplers or recorded with real guitars and bass. The track itself is looped once but it does have a definite ending piece worked in, as this song was basically a testing ground for me to really get my mix and mastering workflow just right, I have much more detailed remixes planned for the future. 

Tracked, Mixed and Mastered in REAPER through a Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 with Audio Techinica ATM-M50X Headphone Monitors and the IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitors.  

Nice one.

I think a different version with all those sampled instruments replaced by electric guitar solos would also sound great.
You don't lose the "oriental touch" by keeping those same notes and intervals, while maybe sounding a little bit more coherent with the rest.

A matter of balance between coherence and variety actually... subjective matter of taste after all.

Yeah, alot of youtube "cover" videos of this particular tune tend to do just that (but without the magic of mix and master polish), and honestly I think it just takes away from the spirit of the song if I tried to play all of the parts with guitars.

Plus I'm more of a rhythmist than a soloist, so let's just say that it took a few (no, many) tanks... I mean, takes, to nail the solos right.