That Road - Who Goes There [piano, upright bass, drums, pads]

Here is a new, loop-able piece I created recently. I was playing around on the piano and accidentally hit a wrong key doing an arpeggio, which struck a chord with me (see what I did there?). It ended up becoming a feature of the main rhythm :). [Grammatically speaking, does the period come before or after the emoticon?] The rest came through improvising over the recording of the rhythm. Most of the effort went into getting the piano recording to sound right. The whole humanization thing is really frustrating to me, but I'm hopefully getting better at it. The other instruments I left quantized more or less.

I imagine this playing in the background for some adventure game when the player is traveling inside or towards a mining or industrial town or something like that.

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2019 at 5:20 PM, theconsoloist said:

I can really imagine it as travelling Music! There are a few rhythmic inaccuracies and sometimes the left Hand maybe is a little too loud and overshadows the melody imo. But the arrangement is really nice :-)

Thanks for commenting :) You're correct in pointing out the issues. I found out that when I record my playing and load it up in my software, the software might trigger louder samples while my piano won't. So I guess I'd have to scale the notes down that trigger the louder samples. Besides that, I do wish I could play better and more accurately. It often takes me so much time before I can actually play my pieces reasonably well and by that time I may already be bored with the project :P Practice, practice.