Ozone 8 Standard (Full) - $50.00

Both an announcement and a question: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/2-Effects/52-Mastering-Suite/3819-Ozone-8-Standard

The former was the announcement. Here is my question.

I'm an old man now and I still have a lot of personal audio projects to do. I never wanted to learn anything about mastering as I wanted to trust others and their non-biased ears to make that call, but something like this being $50.00 tempts me and the fact of the matter is that I don't know how much outsourcing mastering I can really afford for the foreseeable future. Time has not been good to me and I want to virtually shit out material for the next little while to get caught up.

Has anyone used Ozone 8 and how easy would it be for someone like me who has never done mastering or wanted to learn it would be able to make use of it? Bluntly, I want to know if I can get at least a passable mastering for songs and albums by just clicking a few things, adjusting a few things and calling it good. Yes, I'm intentionally looking for a quick, lazy option here because all the rest of the time I want to pour over it goes into mixing and arrangement. I'm not a young man anymore, I'm extremely clinically depressed and officially mentally ill now, I'm past the point of caring whether everything I do sounds like it came out of a professional studio. If something like this can snap consistency together and get a passable sounding mastering in 30 minutes or so, I'd like to get it.

Thank you!

Since a lot of learning mastering is learning process and how to listen to a track, no plugin is going to make that much easier. Eventually you'll have to just learn the process.

However, Ozone is highly effective. You'll be able to use it just fine with no prior knowledge, and as you learn more you'll get more out of it.

Highly effective at what, though? I know how to listen to tracks, but with the advent of a lot of new "smart" and AI-based tech for plugins, I'm just not willing to put that much time in that stuff anymore. If it's going to be another thing I have to fuss with for hours to get something passable, I'm not going to bother.

It is straightforward to learn, and does what it does well.

For each tool or module, it is easy to tell what it is supposed to do, and the interface is highly responsive. Although it does have some automated features, it mainly is a set of tools that you have to use yourself. I would say that you could definitely learn it in a short amount of time.