Dune 2 Epic War metal

brynolf11

Long time since I stopped by here. The pandemic at least allows for some studio time... Here is a metal version of "Epic war" from the first ever RTS, Dune 2 by Westwood. Not sure who wrote the original, but Frank Klepacki was involved even back then so lets say this is one of his. I think it sounds evil enough. Thoughts are welcome. Is the arrangement metal enough? Is the mix in the ballpark? Is it too short? Are vocals kosher around here? Other opinions?

Original:

• 2 weeks later...

Listens for 5 seconds: yup, sounds evil enough. I'm no authority on most things music making, but it sound metal to me, of course vocal are kosher here, and length is largely subjective. It's imposing, deep, dark, and almost traumatizing. It's impressing and memorable. I'd say good work on this.

On 3/26/2020 at 6:06 PM, Souperion said:

Listens for 5 seconds: yup, sounds evil enough. I'm no authority on most things music making, but it sound metal to me, of course vocal are kosher here, and length is largely subjective. It's imposing, deep, dark, and almost traumatizing. It's impressing and memorable. I'd say good work on this.

Thanks, that's a lot of adjectives! :D Yeah, length is a subjective thing I guess but I'd probably like to make this one at least a minute longer. We'll see what I can come up with.