Jet Set Radio - Sneakman Remix

SHUTDOWN

Hey, welcome to the forums! What an awesome tune, I wasn't familiar with the source before, but thanks for bringing it to my attention. I love the way you've chosen to remix this one too, with some cool vocal chops and that super funky bassline.

There are a few issues with the mixing, I'd say - it sounds like you've got some clipping in places, especially where that orchestral hit sample plays. Did you sample it from the original source? I listened to the original and that sample itself is a little noisy, so it sounds like the resample has been pushed too hard and is introducing a bit too much noise. You can clearly hear it at the end, 4:07, but it's throughout the track. The bass sounds really clean, but it's a little prominent in the mix for my taste from 1:23-1:49. The slight phasing from 1:50 sounds cool, and helps the bass sit a little better in the mix I feel. Listening to the source tune afterwards, I felt that the levels were much more balanced, and the mix felt nicer as a result. It's probably just a case of dialling back your bass a few dB and it'll sit much better.

Other than that, really cool remix with lots of energy. May be too conservative for OCR's standards if you were thinking of submitting it, but it's a jam regardless :)

Thank you for the feedback! Most of the sounds I used from the original are taken from the sample libraries they came from. These are mostly from the 90s, which in my experience tend to sound a bit less clean. And as for the bass part, I'll take that into consideration next time! I usually never notice it until it's too late, haha.