Phantasy Star IV: Bio Lab Remix

HoboKa

• 4 months later...

Hey there HoboKa!

I'm not familiar with the source, but I like your remix energy!

You already pointed out the obvious, but to get it out of the way, the track is not finished, it just two loops of the main arrangement, and it just stop abruptly. It needs

I find the choir stab in the first half of the theme (0:05 to 0:31) to be too in your face. Mostly those on the second beats of each measure. But I love the choir you use ^^ Is it a Roland patch? I swear I have the same "Doo Doo DAAH" patches on my Roland keyboards!

During that section you also just hold the same note/chord all along. It might be a personal thing, but I don't like it, it's giving to much tension for my taste. It makes me feel the section is in a kind of statis, and is not getting forward as it should.

Still on the same section, you could throw more variation in the main melody, as it's being repeated 3 times in a very similar way.

Overall, maybe the lead is a bit too much in front, mostly on the later parts of the theme.

And when looping, the intro part between 0:59 and 1:01 feels suddenly very empty. It's not a bad thing per say. You could elaborate on it a bit more to give a nice breathing room in a very intense remix.

That's my thoughts, hope you'll find them useful!

Have a great day!