Ironsword - Wizards and Warriors 2. Level 2, Cloud Level Theme.

Song Remix name - Cloudy Knight

Original song - Ironsword:  Wizards and Warriors 2, Level - 2 - Cloud Level

Plan on submitting to OcRemix - Yes

Feedback request with some context:  General feedback, but also perhaps a focus on mixing/mastering aspect.  My main musical aspirations are:  I am a guitar player.  I write and record my own music, with guitar being the only instrument I actually play (drums, bass and any others are programmed.  Wish I could be a poly-instrumentalist).  I have just started learning aspects of recording as well as mixing/mastering.  My day job is not anything music or audio related, so this is all youtube/Google/experience based learning.  Any tips on anything would be appreciated.  When not recording, side musical hobby is just making songs in the program (FL studio).  I have found since I love video game music, creating remixes is a hobby that helps me learn the software, understand songwriting better in general, and learn to mix/master as well.

In regards to the song itself, most of the feedback I have gotten so far is "it's alright but there is something missing".  Personally, I didn't want to try to re-interpret the song itself too much. 

Link"  

Link to Original for comparison:  

Edited by ObscurousX127

Hey, this is sound rad!

One thing I noticed is that your drums sound pretty mechanical — I'd recommend varying the note length, moving some slightly off the grid, and changing the velocity to accent certain hits. You could also try varying up the rhythm a little bit more, even if it's just changing the pattern of the hi-hats. When your double bass drum comes in at the end, it might be good to lead into so many kicks, instead of going straight from your looser kick rhythm into the face-crushing kicks. Let me know if this makes sense!

This article has some good tips on programming drums: https://audient.com/tutorial/programming-realistic-drums/