Donkey Kong Country - DK Island Swing Trance ReMix

======== UPDATE (2022-11-07) ===================================================================

Hello! After quite a break I returned to finish this remix!

I would appreciate to get some feedback before considering submitting it.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback! :)

Timestamps:
("Part 1" = elements from 0:38-1:30 in the original)
("Part 2" = elements from
1:30-2:47 in the original)
0:00-2:05 - Intro, elements from “Part 2”.
2:05-3:29 - Break and build-up, elements from “Part 2”.
3:29-3:43 - Transition into “Part 1”.
3:43-4:39 - “Chorus”, elements from “Part 1”.
4:39-4:45 - Mini-break, using elements from 1:25-1:30 in the original.
4:45-5:13 - Transition back into “Part 2”.
5:13-5:54 - Break and build-up, elements from "Part 2".
5:54-6:22 - “Chorus”, elements from “Part 1”.
6:22-6:28 - Mini-break, using elements from 1:25-1:30 in the original.
6:28-6:42 - Transition back into “Part 2”. 
6:42-7:03 - Outro.

======== ORIGINAL POST ===================================================================

Hello! I've always loved this song, especially “Part 2”, the more relaxing segment (1:30-2:47 in the original), and also those chords at the beginning of the song (starts at 0:38 in the original), do-do-do-do, do-do-do-do… I like trance music, and got an idea on how this song could fit well as a trance remix.

The composition is finished and most of the instrumentation is done as well. I haven’t done any balancing, EQ, compression, effects, etc. yet.

Mainly I want to get some feedback on the composition, structure, and instrumentation at first. Please let me know what you think about it, looking forward to hearing your feedback!
Old Version: https://soundcloud.com/unresolved-external/dkc-dk-island-swing-remix_v1/s-qv67tav24la?si=b4d02873e9de49388bf1bf77b1d8e9d8&utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Edited by Tab Newflax

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, man. Been using this site for almost 20 years, but I finally decided to create an account so I could comment on this. Big trance fan, and big fan of DKC. I really, really like what you've done here, and I had never even considered someone doing a remix of the part 2 portion of DK Island Swing. Really sick idea! I wanted to comment, though, because, in my humble opinion, you're trying to do a lot at the same time in the way you added in the part 1 (beginning at about 3:30). I've found that trying to do too much in a trance song can take away from the flow and feeling of it, and I personally found it a bit jarring. I don't think it's a bad idea to include the part 1 melody, but were I you, I'd be more subtle about it. I think if you layered it over the more developed beat you have going on from 0:15-2:05 with a some kind of more chill instrument, you could still squeeze it in there without trying to do too much. Two remixes that I think do this well are Focus, by DarkSim (also a DKC remix) and Terror Plant, by CromzonWolf777 (actually a remix of the same song, but a more similar in style to yours). 

That all being said, this remix is your baby, and please don't let some random guy on the internet tell you how you should and shouldn't compose it. If you're happy with the way it sounds, stick with it! I'll likely add it to my library either way 😁.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Fred o matic! Thank you for taking the time to create an account after all these years just to comment on my remix, means a lot to me! 🤩

Regarding your suggestion to make "Part 1" more subtle, I understand your point, but I'm actually quite pleased with that section as it is. At this point, I will not be making any changes to that section, but I'm still open to hearing feedback from other listeners and considering any suggestions they may have regarding that.

Thank you again for your comment! 😀