Phoenotopia Awakening - Katash's Theme

purplecowadoom

I finally got around to starting a playthrough of this amazing game a little over a week ago. Almost 50 hours of gameplay later, I finished the game with 99% completion (I think beating the Phalanx counts for 1%, and I could only get it down to half its health). The developer of the game has stated that he either won't be moving forward with the sequel at all, or not until after his next game (years from now), because of extremely low sales that saw him making less than minimum wage on it. I think it would be awesome if people heard a remix of a song from the game and went to check it out.

Pretty much the entire soundtrack is worth remixing, but perhaps the most hate-lovable fight of the game has this song attached to it:

Alternatively, this is the Phalanx:

...done by somebody who modded the game so they had the game's starting health going into the fight. I posted a recording of the actual fight instead of just the track, because good grief.

Edit: It occurs to me that when I originally made this post, I was more in the mindset of trying to figure out if there were any good songs in the soundtrack that were a good fit for a guitarist, but almost all the best songs in the soundtrack are not, and they're better suited to OCR. So if you want to do arrangements of Cave of Mul, The White Towers, Daea, or literally any other song from this game, that's totally fine. 

Edited by purplecowadoom