"It's Raining Somewhere Else" remix

GameExplorers

Welcome to the forums!  Let's see what we have here.  Thank you for posting the source, make sure you always do that on works-in-progress.  I had to take time to really familiarize myself with the source because I really only know the major song that everyone knows from Undertale :P

Evaluation:

Right out the gate, the piano and it's effects added on top don't sound as good as the original, even though the original does have a very slight effect filter on it to make it sound thinner.  Even with those piano rolls make sure you have some variation in the velocities of the piano notes so that they feel more realistic.

I do like the expansion you've given us at 1:13, this is you making it your own!  Good job, I like the vibe you're going for here.  Kinda 80s synthwave-like sound.

The major issue I have is the samples used.  They sound very basic and unrealistic at times.  The guitar, piano, and either baritone or tenor sax (can't tell which it is) are the two biggest culprits here.  Much of the sequencing is rather mechanical and needs humanization.

The percussion mostly stays the same throughout and could use variation as well as some light fills to help define the sections better.

2:37-3:02, I like that you went to add more of your own interpretation and melodic soloing.  However during that section there are some chord changes or melody notes that don't fit in with the rest of the context, take a close look here and see if anything accidentally went outside of the key or chord you were intending because they are not working as intended.

What I liked from this was the vibe, it's definitely a good idea.  There just needs to be refinement on the arrangement, production, and some upgrades on the samples.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that it's ready for submission to OCR, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and someone will review it again. Good luck!

11 hours ago, Hemophiliac said:

Welcome to the forums!  Let's see what we have here.  Thank you for posting the source, make sure you always do that on works-in-progress.  I had to take time to really familiarize myself with the source because I really only know the major song that everyone knows from Undertale :P

Evaluation:

Right out the gate, the piano and it's effects added on top don't sound as good as the original, even though the original does have a very slight effect filter on it to make it sound thinner.  Even with those piano rolls make sure you have some variation in the velocities of the piano notes so that they feel more realistic.

I do like the expansion you've given us at 1:13, this is you making it your own!  Good job, I like the vibe you're going for here.  Kinda 80s synthwave-like sound.

The major issue I have is the samples used.  They sound very basic and unrealistic at times.  The guitar, piano, and either baritone or tenor sax (can't tell which it is) are the two biggest culprits here.  Much of the sequencing is rather mechanical and needs humanization.

The percussion mostly stays the same throughout and could use variation as well as some light fills to help define the sections better.

2:37-3:02, I like that you went to add more of your own interpretation and melodic soloing.  However during that section there are some chord changes or melody notes that don't fit in with the rest of the context, take a close look here and see if anything accidentally went outside of the key or chord you were intending because they are not working as intended.

What I liked from this was the vibe, it's definitely a good idea.  There just needs to be refinement on the arrangement, production, and some upgrades on the samples.

Thanks a lot for the evaluation! I will try to improve in the future (as well as publish the sources).