How about some Motoi Sakuraba!

So, when I built this track, it was a continuation of my "Funk Overload" track. However, when building this one, I noticed the synthesizer sounded a lot like Motoi Sakuraba's signatures. As I continued, even the repetitions were sounding like him, so I said "what the hell, why not?" and didn't hold back. I figured, if I'm going to sound like Motoi Sakuraba, I might as well go all in - and man, when I say I went all in... I went all in! I'm telling you, I've got the samples to make it sound like a Tales game! Most notably, Tales of Symphonia, because that's one of Motoi's best tracks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I implemented several fixes based on the feedback from my other video.

1) I made the transitions a respectable size instead of rushing them.
2) I made the variations longer so people could enjoy them.
3) I added MORE various variations to keep the track from being dull (I was told my previous Zelda BoTW song got dull at the end LOL)
4) I also made the song close to 10 minutes to give the track a full feel (how techno is supposed to be!).
5) I tried to go for a very unique intro, mid and mainstream drop with different variations (whew!).

Here's hoping Motoi Sakuraba hears this one day and goes, "Hey, that's me! DJ Que is my clone!!"

Edited by DJ Que

Listening on a JBL flip5.

I'm pretty sure this Sounds good on whatever your listening to. But on this medium range JBL, the highs are overbearing whenever the Electro goes fullon. ...It doesn't sound phat.

Maybe it's sidechaining and stuff and this only Sounds great on a good club PA or whatevs youre using.

I can do the thinking work that this must sound gr8 on some system, Just alerting you that on a normal JBL It don't work so great.

Cheers que, your a very talented musician! I liked your recent Zelda mix too! Just not my forte. But your remix reminded me of Zant pt1-5 and how much i wanna tackle that One...

On 6/22/2024 at 5:49 AM, Nase said:

Listening on a JBL flip5.

I'm pretty sure this Sounds good on whatever your listening to. But on this medium range JBL, the highs are overbearing whenever the Electro goes fullon. ...It doesn't sound phat.

Maybe it's sidechaining and stuff and this only Sounds great on a good club PA or whatevs youre using.

I can do the thinking work that this must sound gr8 on some system, Just alerting you that on a normal JBL It don't work so great.

Cheers que, your a very talented musician! I liked your recent Zelda mix too! Just not my forte. But your remix reminded me of Zant pt1-5 and how much i wanna tackle that One...

LOL! Those are portable bluetooth speakers! I don't know how anything would sound with those, my guy. 🤣

When I first released the song, I wasn't satisfied with how it sounded. I tend to rush releases out. Gotta stop doing that!

So, I went back in and I adjusted the highs and increased the mids (because they were getting drowned out) and raised the lows a bit. This was before you listened. Previously, the track had a muddy sound, and the lows were causing the highs to dip. Basically, the song sounded like an old speaker wrapped in a towel. Just awful.

Not too sure what I can do to help your JBLs, man. LOLOL! Try a pair of headphones. I recommend the Logitech G35. The sound in those are perfect.

just sayin how it sounded on that one dude, lol.

JBL mid range sounds pretty decent on average. ON AVERAGE! it mostly sounds pretty great and in some cases bad. like, pick a deadmau5 tune and it's gonna sound good.

but ofc, your tune ain't like deadmau5, and i'd have to listen to something that's alot like your tune but almost mixed to perfection. for comparison.

just take it as a vague feedback that your tune doesn't sound so good on a lower class hifi. too abrasive, extreme highs, doesn't pump well.

i just wonder if this typa song can even sound good on a bluetooth thing like that. but if it can, it's good to know that it presently don't...right?

my speculation is that this would sound better on a $100 thing if you didn't push the limiter so much. but i am faaar from pro on this stuff.

greets josh

On 6/26/2024 at 12:46 PM, Nase said:

just sayin how it sounded on that one dude, lol.

JBL mid range sounds pretty decent on average. ON AVERAGE! it mostly sounds pretty great and in some cases bad. like, pick a deadmau5 tune and it's gonna sound good.

but ofc, your tune ain't like deadmau5, and i'd have to listen to something that's alot like your tune but almost mixed to perfection. for comparison.

just take it as a vague feedback that your tune doesn't sound so good on a lower class hifi. too abrasive, extreme highs, doesn't pump well.

i just wonder if this typa song can even sound good on a bluetooth thing like that. but if it can, it's good to know that it presently don't...right?

my speculation is that this would sound better on a $100 thing if you didn't push the limiter so much. but i am faaar from pro on this stuff.

greets josh

Thanks, man! I appreciate the feedback. In the future, I will keep what you said in mind.