Zelda 'Hyrule's Final Prophecy' - (Orchestra/Opera)

Strike911

URL:

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/strike911-hfp.mp3

Hyrule's Final Prophecy

Okay, so I wanted to try a slow, emotional, orchestral piece. I wanted it to be dramatic and kind of epic, and have a feeling as if something major just happened. Really I kind of pieced the arrangement together from a scene in my mind, where valiant Link just defeated Ganon but suddenly realizes that he's going to die *shrugs* ... I hope the piece has a feeling of a kind of grim happiness, because in the said mental image, I envisioned Link realizing that evil was defeated but the overall feeling is sad because Link himself is also going to die.

I guess I, myself, have been feeling kind of how this song sounds emotionally with all the drama going on lately in my life.

It's mostly a lot of chords... strings, choir, also has opera-ish vocals, an oboe, a trombone section, and... a little bit of percussion. I wanted to downplay the percussion and let most of the strings do the work.

It's still a work in progress. I wanted to lead into the main theme, but after a couple hours of working on this thing and getting the sound how I wanted, I decided just to post the WIP.

It starts with Ganon's theme and kind of segways into the beginning of the zelda theme. I want to add a dark version of the zelda theme in the next update, and maybe transition it to something else ... haven't decided anyway.

What do you guys think?

I'd try to make the strings a little more dramatic by putting some crescendos/decrescendos in there, even if they're subtle. It's a good way to keep suspense even when there's not a lot going on. When you have the reverse cymbals come in it would also be cool to have a big timpani roll or something to that effect to build up to that so it sounds more epic. Right now they sound pretty weak. In general I think you definitely could use to play with the dynamics a lot more.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. Sounds pretty good so far, but there's obviously a lot more to go.

Updated!!!!!!

I'll definitely mess around with the dynamics. I haven't really messed with it yet.

Same link as above. The Zelda theme is added, the owl theme is in there, and even the hyrule castle music from Lttp is in there too...

I've added a load of crap into the new update, its at the same link as the first post! ! !

What do you think of this new version?

EDIT: THERE IS A MINI UPDATE IN THE POST BELOW!!! if you want to hear what the main theme sounds like with a little bit of beat on it you can check out the post below as it includes some drums.

SEMI-UPDATE!

Okay, I have the part from the Zelda Classic theme cut into this one single MP3 which includes special drums added to it, to see if people liked it or not.

http://strike911.sanctuslegacy.com/hfpdrumsample.mp3

I would really like to see if people like this version better, because if they do I will add it into an official release, and make the final version have more of it. I personally like this version much better.

I may possibly take out the owl's theme and focus more on the main theme.... I might even take out Gannondorf's theme... I haven't quite decided yet.