Final Fantasy 5 - Away in my head *RESUB*

anosou

so yeah, I got rejected. Big surprise ^^

I've been trying to update it on the parts that was the problem, namely I changed the electric piano sound, added some acoustic piano and revised the ending. Also I touched up some things sonically. The ending is the only thing I'm a tad unsure about, you tell me.

http://anothersoundscape.googlepages.com/AheadonOurWay2.mp3

(IF YOU CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE THING FROM GOOGLEPAGES USE A DOWNLOAD MANAGER TO RESUME IT!)

Thank you!

Hiya AS. Some quick comments - this is pretty good, best of luck with the resub. :D

- drums are noticeably in front of the first minute or so of music, I think because of the reverb/delay on everything else, and the sparse sequences playing - it just sounds a little too thin and separated there - maybe another pad or quiet arp sequence could help fill up the space and glue things together

- the crashes that start during the ELP improv and continue to the end are kind of erratic and distracting - esp. with the hard panning to left and right - I would cut out a great deal of them and either do a lot of variation with their velocity (esp. if you have a kit with multiple samples), or run them through some filters - also don't think the hard panning is necessary, a light lean to either side would be enough to suggest space without being so distracting

- the ride that comes in around halfway through gives some good energy at first, but becomes wearying after a while and should switch up its pattern or alternate with another cymbal by 3:00 at most

- piano that comes in around 2:30 is pretty quiet and murky

- overall mix is a bit heavy on the low-end with not much presence in the high end of the spectrum, giving it a kind of murky sound - the piano might sound better brighter, cut some lows/boost highs on various other things to sharpen it all up

- I liked the ending personally :P it's fine, nice and mellow like most of the rest of the song

HTH!