*NO* Mega Man X4 'My Fight'

Liontamer

Pretty audible distortion at times; the voice clip is out of left field; some decent ideas arrangement-wise - LT

Hi,

I'm submitting a remix of Zero's Theme from Mega Man X4, I know its already been twice on this site but I couldn't help but try and make one my self. I wanted to portray Zero's agony and struggle to keep going on in this, so i hoped to create the feel of fighting on and overcoming it all, even though his story still ends being a sad one. Not quite sure if i succeeded lol, either way if it doesn't do that its still my take on his theme. And of course its trance, sorry! lol but i think it best fits the overall mood of the theme. I used some sound effects and clips i took directly from in-game and or the cutscenes just to add to the flavor of the mix. hope you like it.

here it is.

http://www.acidplanet.com/Components/Download.asp?PID=960395&t=4754

ReMixer Name - DJ Tetsusaiga

Real Name - Cary Watson

Email Address - egmcary@hotmail.com

Website - www.acidplanet.com/dj_tetsusaiga/songs

User ID - 13816

Game Remixed - Mega Man X4

Song Name - Zero's Theme

Link - I don't actually have a link to the ost, i figure it was a well known theme and the fact that its already been remixed on this site was good enough.

----------------------------------------------------

Capcom Music Generation: Rockman X1~6 - (305) "Opening Stage Zero"

Ah yes, pretty memorable source tune on account of that initial hook.

Alright, so in my off-the-cuff comment up top, we've established that this is way too loud and distorts as a result. That's gonna have to be fixed, so that's the last I'll mention it.

One thing I'm usually disappointed with when we get electronic subs from beginner mixers is that the textures are generally too flimsy and made up of generic synths, which was definitely the case here. The writing needs more complexity.

Voice sample brought in at 1:27 is ROFLingly stupid. It's meant to sound deep and tortured, but it's simply stapled on top of the music and way too loud anyway. I liked that one synth brought in at 3:32 during the close, but that was about the only really nice sound in there.

You've got some undeveloped but decent ideas in terms of changing the rhythms of the original, plus there's some expansive writing courtesy the piano, for example. But the textures are too basic and there's definitely not enough complexity in the writing to carry the piece. You just need more experience developing your writing and creating non-generic sounds. If you're not using the ReMixing and Works forums for help and feedback, get on it and see what you can find.

NO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good energy in this mix. I agree with what has already been said, this needs some originality in terms of sound design. The voice sample is much too loud and raw over the mix, it should have been mixed in with the other instruments, and either timed better so it came in smoother in relation to the beat, or maybe rhythmically sliced? Rearrangement was there, but this needs to be developed more.

NO