I need a Midi keyboard,

Hello everyone, I'm planning on getting reason and need a midi keyboard. I would very much like to have a good one. I don't know if it's possible, but I would like a good quality keyboard, full size (88-keys) would be very nice since I'd like to use it for actually playing piano songs. I think I'm looking for more of an actual piano keyboard with some midi options rather than the other way around, so a soundbank and speakers would be great. What's the difference between midi plugs and a USB midi, with midi plugs how do you plug into your computer? Price isn't a huge deal for me, I'm more interested in good quality, nice action and nice playing. Should I just buy a midi keyboard and a stage keyboard? Please give me a few tips and your opinions. Thanks, hope to be mixing with you soon.

What's your budget? If you are going to mainly use this is a piano, you may want to get a digital piano with MIDI out.

Anyways, using MIDI cables requires a soundcard with MIDI input. Most soundcards, even ones that do have MIDI in, do not have standard MIDI ports and require an adapter to allow you to plug the MIDI dvice into the joystick port on the soundcard.

Some of soundcards actually have standard MIDI connections. These are usually soundcards designed for music production, though I have seen them on some "general purpose" sound cards.

USB doesn't require the connections, but it still requires a MIDI device.