Seattle International Film Festival 2007

Penfold

So it's that time of year again...SIFF officially opens today. Unless you're a total film festival nerd or from the area, I doubt that you'd plan to go (or really care about it). Last year was the first time I had gone, which was a requirement for a class I was taking (had to critique like 20 films) and I dunno if I would have gotten around to it if it weren't for that push. I really enjoyed the experience last year, and I got exposed to many films which I may not have otherwise (it also got me going back to Scarecrow pretty frequently).

Anyway, for those who are interested in it, it runs from today (the 24th) till June 17th, and movies are shown at 16 different venues around the city (including the one in Bellevue). There's a wide variety of genres represented, and from a lot of countries (though film from the US takes up about half of the festival). For more info, here is the SIFF website; I'd recommend anyone else in the area to check it out. I'm personally going to see my first couple movies on Monday (Paprika and A Battle of Wits, back to back at the Neptune), though I won't be seeing any other movies till I'm done with the quarter. If anyone else plans to go to SIFF, what are you gonna see?