Magic of Scheherazade

Zinkyu

I kinda want to hear if anyone could take the old 8-bit NES tunes and update them to a full orchestra. Pillar of Salt reminded me of this game and it would truly be a treasure to do something like that with this game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I would really like to hear someone do a ReMix of music from this game since it's one of my favorite NES soundtracks. I'd particularly like to hear a good ReMix of the piece that starts at 3:09 in this video:

While we're on the subject, does anyone have any information on the composer for this game? All that I can find is that the music is by a concert pianist named "Kume." Does anyone know where more of his/her work can be found? Did "Kume" score any of the other Culture Brain NES games? Some of them have somewhat similar-sounding music, but I can't tell if they were scored by the same composer or not.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of days ago, I was thinking about how someone could probably do a really good piano ReMix of a medley of music from Magic of Scheherazade. Of course, a ReMix of anything from the game would be great. This is a game soundtrack that I've had in my head for about seventeen or eighteen years, so I'd love to hear someone do something good with it.

Lately, I've been reading a little bit of Sir Richard Burton's translation of The Arabian Nights, and I sometimes hear the music from this game in my head while I read it. I know that the game has little or nothing to do with the actual Arabian Nights, but I still can't help but think of the title screen music from Magic of Scheherazade as the "theme music" for The Arabian Nights. My more "grown up" side would probably say that the "theme music" for The Arabian Nights is Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade," but I can't help but associate the music from Magic of Scheherazade with the world of The Arabian Nights.

• 6 years later...