The Adventures of Bayou Billy (swamp stage)

CC Ricers

The link has been updated! New version up now. The section between :30 and 1:08 has been fleshed out, including a new piano sample, and trumpet sample removed. Added some Latin drums and tweaked the EQ. I really wanted to make the saws and percussion kick hard. So is it working? ;-)

Haha! I played this old goodie just the other day. Still hard as hell :]

First off, great to see some remixes from a bit more obscure NES games like Bayou Billy!

And now for some feedback.

Starts off good I think, good beat and background sounds, but I think you could work a bit more on the lead that starts at 0:30, the tunes are a bit unclear and melt together a bit too much.

Piano bit at ~0:50 - wonderful! This always was my favorite part of this tune, but then, at 1:07, something strange happens; what you built up with the piano bit just dies.

I think you should increase the pressure there instead of decreasing it, plus something isn't right with the melody there, unless you attempted some kind of freestyle :] I think you should stick to the original there, cause I think it's a good part of the song.

If I can meddle a bit with your plans, heh, I'd like to see an increase of pressure during 1:07-1:09, and after that short hit, lower pressure for a few seconds and then the hit and pressure increase comes again when the tune repeats again. Hmm. Hope you understand. (Listen to the original and you'll know what I mean hopefully) BTW, this just struck me - perhaps that's what you mean with the "trumpet's brief performance" :]]

I really like the break at 01:20. You could probably make something more out of that. Although, it's good as is. :]

I like the song so far! Hope I helped some! Keep it up!

I updated yet again, and it's more different-sounding than before. It's taken on a house/electro hybrid form of sorts. New beats, basses and sections, and now with a tentative ending! This will not be the final length of the song; I will work on adding more sections into the middle. And the trumpet will probably not be coming back ;-)

I know it's pretty loud right now, though I quickly normalized it before encoding to lessen the problem temporarily.