WIP: Zero's Final Stand

DJ-Arthur

This is a really early WIP (about 1:30 long) about MegaMan X 1's Zero theme and the talking stuff where zero dies, and much of the arrangement and mixing and stuff is yet to be done, but I kinda need some quality Orchestra strings samples... My strings are, like, pulled out of the GM soundbank and shoved straight into a sampler...:banghead:

I can do a lot with attack/decay, and some heavy reverb to mask it all, but I'd rather have something better than shhh---. So, if anyone can help, Thanks ahead. The guitar sounds like the mood I want to create, although it's just a synthesizer.:smile: Feel free to dissagree though.

:arrow: Here's the WIP. (128kbp MP3)

Anyways, about the song, I kinda want this feeling you get from just this ("drama", in case it isn't obvious...) to amplify throughout the song, and maybe adding some melo-over-dramatic ending of some sort, but that's yet to be sorted out. I'd love to hear any other thoughts as well about progressing to some other style or something.

EDIT:

Version 2 Now available for Download!

Since I was cut-off from pretty much all of the internet the past couple of days, I decided to work on this track... I pitched it about 5 notes up, because the strings & guitar come out better that way. Also, I fine-tuned the plucked string module for some more ambience, and added some panning to most of the instruments to create a more spacial enviroment sound... or something like that... It worked out pretty neat, if I may say so myself. Maybe I should work on the solo toms a bit, 'cause they don't sound the way I want them to, yet they add to the mood in a positive way... I Especially like the way the familiar sounding overdriven guitar brings back memories from 3:46 to the end. Let's see if you guys notice which stage those first bars came from ^.^ (Maybe It's time I took out the good ol' SNES for some Maveric Hunting, eh?)

:arrow: Here's Version 2 (Still WIP, 128kbps MP3)

Aw nuts, oh well...its hard to find good stuff when you're on a budget lol.

If you really need 'em that bad, I could make some samples of it for you... It's not like it's that much work or something :wink: Just tell me which notes you want, and I'll see what I can do.

By the way: A little Off-topic, but, I Kicked Sigma's dog, behind AND face with the Hadoken in MMX1 :mrgreen:

If you really need 'em that bad, I could make some samples of it for you... It's not like it's that much work or something :wink: Just tell me which notes you want, and I'll see what I can do.

By the way: A little Off-topic, but, I Kicked Sigma's dog, behind AND face with the Hadoken in MMX1 :mrgreen:

No thanks, don't need em that bad :P I'll get a job soon enough...again.

And good, I hate Sigma's dog with a passion, though not as much as Sigma's second form.

Well, I'm almost done with this... maybe a little mastering left, but that's for version3 to wait... I've done some tuning to the toms section, and they sound a whole lot better now, and some reverb settings made it complete. Maybe some rearranging in the final section with the overdriven guitar, and even making it come out sooner, so I have some more time left for a little more climaxing ending... or stuff like that... For now, it's still a lot like V2, so no new WIP yet... But any comments and/or other stuff is welcome