Opera browser

Drack

As a Firefox user, I'm trying Opera now out of curiosity and boredom. I've noticed some very cool things about it (SPEED is a big one - the interface is very responsive compared to Firefox - don't say Firefox is fast until you try this) but there are a couple things I don't like and want to change:

-Is there a way to import and subscribe to adblock-style lists? An auto-updating EasyList USA subscription a la Adblock Plus would be GREAT. I don't want to retrain my filters, or fall behind, as new ads are popping up everywhere. There are also hard-to-block ads like Google Ads that I don't know how to block using Opera's "Block Content" menu. A Greasemonkey script could do it, and I may have to resort to that - Opera 9 can work with these scripts, I was surprised to learn.

-The scrollbar is bugging me! Instead of doing the Windows Native scrollbar a la IE or Firefox, Opera did the same thing as Safari on Windows and rolled its own scrollbar. I really don't care about its look, but there's one key feature that ruins custom scrollbars for me: Clicking the rightmost pixel of the screen does not register as clicking the scrollbar. Give me native bars that detect this PLEASE. The Windows Native skin just makes it LOOK like a native bar.

-The tab interface bar should be BELOW the Address bar, like every other browser does, imo. The customize interface doesn't seem to give me that as an option?

-Middle clicking a bookmark, or the home button on the toolbar, should open it in a new tab.

-I want my page-up page-down scrolling to be INSTANT, not animated.

Hmm, aside from that, this browser is very nice.

• 2 weeks later...