Extremely noobish question but bare with me....

Are you talking about drawing bars in the playlist or pattern? If you are talking about re-drawing the whole drum pattern, then just take the pattern that the drum loop is in, then take the paintbrush in the playlist and give it a good stroke as far as you need. If you have it in a pattern with other stuff, then just go to the piano roll, (assuming you used fpc or something) and hit ctrl + a to select it all then hit edit>cut and got to a new pattern then open a piano roll for that fpc and edit>paste.

Hope that all made sense, I assumed you meant a drum pattern rather than sample.

Do you or do you not have the drum.. pattern (you still haven't verified whether or not that's what you meant) just once through, as its own pattern, placed as a brick or bricks on the playlist?

Just zoom way out on the playlist and click and drag the pattern way way way more times than you'll need, if it's live recording over said loop you want to do. Then delete the ones you don't need after.

Allright, if you want some help here we're going to need to know a few things,

A: Did you make a drum pattern or a drum loop sample? (a sample is just a sound, like any wav or mp3, a pattern is a set of midi data that it specific to fl studio)

B: what exactly are you trying to do, from what you said, I'm getting the message that you just want that pattern to play over and over again until the song is finished, is that correct?