Extreme-G Remix

GorillaMatic

Here's something ive been working on for a little while. I just finished up today and i'm probably going to post it for official review soon. Tell me what you think, any comments and crits will be most appriciated. Thanks.

Title of remix: Extreme Velocity

From Game: Extreme-G

Platform: N64

Link

http://www.filefreak.com/pfiles/29447/Extreme%20Velocity.mp3

Pretty competent, but overly generic, imo. The drums are on autopilot for the majority of the song, and there isn't really anything exciting that draws my attention.

You have a lot of synths going, which creates some good textures, but with the same drum patterns going over and the bass generally droning on just the root, it gets really old, and fast.

A lot of the song seems to be building into a part that really breaks out, and it never happens. I would either alter the chorus heavily so that the bass switches chords, and the beat gets more intense.

Production is decent; there is some panning and things seem generally full, so all you need to do is have the existing elements do something more interesting. :-)

Yeah, once again, I have to agree with OA's comments. It's a competent start but not nearly a finish. I hadn't realized until it was over that halfway through I was no longer listening. There is a build up but no pay off. The drums are lacking variety. The synths are nice and the overall samples are good. There is so much more that could be going on with this mix though. Especially if you expect to get it past the judge's panel.