sample won't stop playing

Lunahorum

I recorded myself farting now I want to play a song with it by sampling it to different keys. When I am playing short notes in the piano roll, the sample continues to play past the note length. Also when the sample is playing higher notes, the note doesn't last as long. How do I get around these two hurdles? Right now I am just using an audio clip insert. Is there a better way to do this?

edit: like pitch stretch the note instead of time stretching it.

I think I'll ignore the first sentence and just give you some tips about pitch/time stretching, I really haven't worked much with samples, I've only really had FL for around 3 weeks, but the first problem is easy to fix, it play's all the way through every time because it's a sample not a generator, to fix this to how you like it just go to the sampler channel's ins tab and set the volume envelope knobs all to zero except leave sustain at full. As for the time stretching and pitch problems, you could try using the sample in the fruity granulizer, it does a much better job at preserving length with pitch adjustments because it splits the sound into little bits and does it like that, plus, the granulizer has a bunch of awesome effects. One last thing you can try is to put your sample into edison and try to make good loop points, then the sampler will read them and once the sound gets there it will loop, lengthening it, but good luck doing it on a... never mind.