My first remakes, 3 from Final Fantasy

KariFantasy

Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this is my first post/thread.

Wow! I'm amazed at this forum, I didn't know there were so much composers and rearrangers, gathered in the same place, that's fun!

I've made a website where I present three of my first personal versions of Final Fantasy music, and I think I came to the right place because I'll be pleased to receive some feedback from people like .. eh.. like me I think ;)

You can listen to my 3 first personal versions at:

And please tell me what you think :)

I'm happy to land here and I hope it's the beginning of an endless Cool Journey!

Friendly,

KF

I liked the victory song, but you could really throw it into happy hardcore territory by cranking up the tempo and inserting some whacky vocal samples. The song reminded me of a Parodius song with a FF melody, as played by Dune.

I didn't like the other two. Piano samples are too dry and cut off too soon (there should be at least some overlap on most of those notes). I don't listen to Nobuo these days, but all three songs don't stray very far from the source music if I recall correctly.

-steve

Terra's Awakening: In my opinion, your samples were excellent and your arrangement choices were brilliant. To make this one a little more danceable, I'd up the tempo by about 5 or 10 BPM. But as it stands, it's a great chill trance track. I think your variations on the theme were steady and graceful throughout the song. And the gradual outro was so cool. Tasteful piano work through the whole song, there especially (the only thing I would change it adding some pads or strings, and making the fade out quicker). Lovely work overall.

Cool Journey: I like the syncopation (timing choices) on the drums, and the bassline is pretty phat! Your lead synth--is it an organ of some kind?--it carries the melody well, and the overall feel is mellow and friendly. A cool journey indeed, I can picture this playing in an anime while two brothers walk down a country road watching the clouds go by and talking about--oh, you know what I mean. ;) And the ending was cute, loved the trills wrapping up the victory motif.

Victory: Hooray! This is so perky, I love it. Makes me want to dance even though I'm basically the worst dancer of the century. Anyways--the synth mesh carrying the melody and harmony is delicious. And the sections in between are very upbeat, the way you utilize the piano and the bassline...and that arpeggio entering at 1:53 is so wonderful, really adds color! The finale to it was cute, the siren rocked.

I think your work is very energetic and enjoyable. My biggest suggestion to you, if you plan to attempt to get your music put up on OCR, is to break the mold a little. Try to balance the variations on the game themes with your own original content and arrangement. Vary the drums whenever appropriate to keep things interesting. And feel free to use instruments that aren't techno-exclusive! Orchestral techno or a blend in genres is a popular technique here--one that I think you could pull off well.

So in short, keep at it! Maybe message me sometime. I'm not a true ReMixer, but if you ever need critiques for your music, you know where to find me.

Thank you Legion303 and Zolbron for your cool replies :)

I'm pleased with the advice and feel of Legion303, but Zorblon, please don't make me cry LOL! (I'm in a public cyber-cafe ;) , but I think Zorblon you're sending me to outer space, lol, I'm sincerely touched by your so cool analysis, I'll copy the posts of both of you and meditate on them later at home, I just hope I'll have the time to be back to FruityLoops (it eats hours and hours, and I'm so slow! Plus some diffrent project far from music that are taking even more time...) but for sure your advices are going to be taken in consideration (even if I didn't understand all what you've said ;)

What's happening to me is just wonderful (first receiving such EXTRAORDINARY feedback!!!) and also, I downloaded ALL the tutorials avalable here about remixing.

Now the major thing I don't know about are the instruments, I have a limited number of realistic sounds, especially for the orchestrial ones, but I think the right place to go to is the FruityLoops forum, but if you have any idea please advice me ;)

Thank you very much Legion303 and Zorblon, see you soon ;)

Friendly,

KF