xbox360 - recover gamer tag

Alexis

So I've been searching the official xbox forums and support site, but I can't seem to find anything, thought one of you might know. I also called tech support awhile back but kept getting foreign guys who didn't understand what i was asking to do.

I did something sort of dumb, and I'm hoping there's a way to fix it (hopefully without having to pay to do it)...I signed up online (as in on a computer, not on the xbox) for an xbox account. I did this because my college blocks xbox live, and I was hoping I might be able to access marketplace on the website and somehow download stuff and burn it to a cd and transfer it to my xbox. Yeah, you can't do that.

I took my xbox hard drive to a friend's house who has the internet hooked up to his xbox and I attempted to recover the gamer tag. I was able to get the gamertag, but I could not do it while signed in on the xbox. This created TWO accounts on my xbox with the same name instead of one; the live account and the account where all my gamerpoints are.

Does anyone know how to link the two accounts so that I don't lose all of my gamerpoints? And maybe not have to pay money to do this?

That would be great.

Thanks