Earphone Recommendations?

HalcyonSpirit

I got an iPod Nano this Christmas. Naturally, it came with the standard earbuds, but they do not fit me at all and fall out on their own. I suspect that any earbuds of that type would do the same, as my ear structure seems to be rather strange. So, I'm looking for recommendations for in-canal earbuds or clip-on earphones.

I don't have much cash, so I'm looking for something that's on the cheaper side. Preferably no more than $30 if at all possible. Sound quality doesn't need to be fantastic; I'm not an audiophile. But I would like the quality to be fairly even across the whole range of frequencies. Also, if possible, a volume adjuster on it would be nice, but I can live without it. Comfort, of course, is important. Clip-on earphones have typically caused me discomfort, but they were cheap ones; if you know of ones that are comfortable and not too big, that'd be great.

As far as in-canal earbuds go, I was looking at these two, but I know very little about these things. I'm sure there are plenty of people on this music site that know about this stuff. Your help would be appreciated.

Secondary question, just if you happen to know about them off-hand: I need an FM transmitter so I can hook up my iPod Nano (3rd generation) to my car radio. Preferably one with a charger for the iPod as well, since the primary use for it will be for my 8+ hour drives to and from college. I was looking at this one as a potential candidate (especially since it is at a good price), but its size could be an issue (not much room around the outlet). Any other suggestions?

I don't exactly know why you're looking at that particular model. There are more direct car adapters for the ipod. I would look into something like this. My sister has something like this that plugs directly into the cigarette lighter and the iPod itself. A lot less bulky, just a wire and two connections, compared to the one you posted. It is slightly more expensive but worth it.

http://www.specialoccasionsdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=17932514

(I don't really suggest this site to buy from. I'm just giving it as a reference.)

I don't have too much experience with in-ear phones; I'm personally against ear canals. Though, I do own some Sony earphones (came with an old CD player) that I use occasionally and they are fine. If you go to any electronics store and find out their return policy, then maybe you could just test some out essentially for free. If you're really set on finding earphones, then I wish you luck. If you're willing to settle for headphones, the Senn PX-100 are great in quality and foldable for portability.

I don't exactly know why you're looking at that particular model. There are more direct car adapters for the ipod. I would look into something like this. My sister has something like this that plugs directly into the cigarette lighter and the iPod itself. A lot less bulky, just a wire and two connections, compared to the one you posted. It is slightly more expensive but worth it.

http://www.specialoccasionsdirect.com/product_info.php?products_id=17932514

(I don't really suggest this site to buy from. I'm just giving it as a reference.)

Well, with that one, I see nothing in it as far as playing the iPod through the car stereo, just a power adapter. I need the FM transmitter because I don't have a cassette player in my car and my CD player/radio doesn't have a jack for plugging in the iPod directly. The model I'm looking at has that as well as having a power adapter for the iPod at a good price. I have seen others of variable quality and features, but they are all in the $65-$90 range.

I don't have too much experience with in-ear phones; I'm personally against ear canals. Though, I do own some Sony earphones (came with an old CD player) that I use occasionally and they are fine. If you go to any electronics store and find out their return policy, then maybe you could just test some out essentially for free. If you're really set on finding earphones, then I wish you luck. If you're willing to settle for headphones, the Senn PX-100 are great in quality and foldable for portability.

If I end up getting headphones, I'll probably get those. However, I have headphones already for when I'm in my room; what I want is something small to take with me when I'm going places that doesn't have a band on it. All the neckband types I've tried stick out behind me too much (can't lean back on anything with it on), and headband types flatten my hair to the point that it simply doesn't look good in public. I can fix my hair before going out when I'm in my room, but when I'm not, I want something that doesn't cause that problem.