a hip hop tune with FF style arpeggios

1makes2

HIYA

i started working on a hip hop tune (those crunk beatzz inspired me!..) but i want you all to tell me what to do next! I could prob just replay the stuff i already have but take some of it out and chop it up or whatever but all you that know hip hop please let me know!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice. Really enjoyed the flanged synths, especially the that main e-piano; I've gotta try that out sometime. Also cool are the subtle vox here and there (doesn't matter that I have no idea what's said at 1:17, it's slick).

Even though you've got a clap or something to balance out the right, I'm not a fan of the hard left snare (or the rim shots for that matter). Seems like you're playing the panning game with the wrong elements, since the e-piano sits 50% right for pretty much the whole track and the main buzzy synth plunks itself in the middle and sets up permanent shop (panned delays don't count, sorry). Other issue for me is the overabundance of reverb. I'd cut that in half, work with the track a while in its fairly dry state, then start adding some of it back once you get used to that sound. I think you'll find that it sounds better balanced and more inviting with a little less verb.

p.s. the tempo changes in Jenova are hot.

• 1 month later...