sleepy baby weasel dook (Mickey Saves the Day: 3D Adventure)

tymime

Title: sleepy baby weasel dook

Source: 

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bp4pINjINbU2pDTEdNWG9YQWs/view?usp=sharing)

I'm not sure how this got finished before some of my other VGM arrangements- I guess it's not as elaborate as the one other that's nearly finished, I dunno.
Anyway, there's a lot of nostalgia packed into this little lullaby (not of this game, just nostalgia in general), but I figured I'll go into more detail when I submit it later.

Whaddya guys think?

EVAL

Wow, you managed to do a whole lot with such a short and bare source. Honestly, it sounds like a well produced lullaby that belongs on Esther's Dreams. I hope you didn't wait on getting a response to submit this, because it's very well done. Apologies for missing this the first time around - it just slipped through the cracks.

The only caveat is that you'll likely get a "YES (CONDITIONAL)" based on the volume level, but that's a very easy fix for this. Raise the levels on the master track in Audacity so the peaks hit the limiter and it'll be good enough (takes less than a minute). Great work, I hope to hear it on the panel soon.

1 hour ago, Gario said:

The only caveat is that you'll likely get a "YES (CONDITIONAL)" based on the volume level, but that's a very easy fix for this. Raise the levels on the master track in Audacity so the peaks hit the limiter and it'll be good enough (takes less than a minute). Great work, I hope to hear it on the panel soon.

It's funny that you should mention the volume, because I have very loud headphones (a pair of AmazonBasics) and I typically mix my music with the headphones volume at a level that replicates the way my old broken (but more expensive) pair used to sound. So it would be a little hard on my ears if I made it louder, but if it fits the standard...
I wish I had known about Esther's Dreams, I would have finished this sooner...! I don't come to the forums very often though, so I only knew about it when it was out already. Oh well.

Oh, just take a look at the music in Audacity and notice how it never hits the peak. Amplify it and you'll see you can push 5-6 dBs without causing any production errors - it's legitimately the easiest fix in the world. Volume isn't LITERAL volume; it's the levels as compared to any other track at the same volume setting.

You have Audacity? Free program, great for post-production, highly recommended.