ShaqFu-Kaori's Lament

Garpocalypse

This WIP was a response from the remix request forums about there being no remix justice for Shaq Fu. I decided that it would be good for me to try a Hip Hop styled remix for a change.

More to come!

Sources:

-Kaori's Special Move Theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qugBypwQVq4 -Kaori's Stage Theme

I'm now following Garpocalypse on soundcloud!

It sounds pretty eerie. In my opinion though, some of the sounds, like that bass could be better. Perhaps trying adding in some of your bass guitar as well? Also, at the end, you just have bass and nothing else save for some sound effects. I know it's a WIP, but I hope you plan to add stuff there as well. Perhaps, some deep drums hits?

Some of the sounds, like the plucks and that harp(?) are a little too quiet.

Regardless, nice work! Can't wait to hear the finished version!

I'm now following Garpocalypse on soundcloud!

It sounds pretty eerie. In my opinion though, some of the sounds, like that bass could be better. Perhaps trying adding in some of your bass guitar as well? Also, at the end, you just have bass and nothing else save for some sound effects. I know it's a WIP, but I hope you plan to add stuff there as well. Perhaps, some deep drums hits?

Some of the sounds, like the plucks and that harp(?) are a little too quiet.

Regardless, nice work! Can't wait to hear the finished version!

This wasn't a demo of mixing talent by a long shot :)

I am planning on getting some of my playing in there at some point but lately the remix has been turning out exactly the opposite of what I had planned before i started it.

More to come!

Damn, someone beat me to the punch on Shaq Fu!! Dig it so far. The effects at :55 are a bit harsh, and mixed pretty loud. Nice genesis sounding Bass. Reminds me of the Genesis version of Pitfall (which has crap music compared to the SNES version, which has crap music compared to the Windows '95 version (which is one of my all-time favorite OSTs). And Shaq Fu is another one of those really good, highly underrated soundtracks in the same vein (again, SNES version is much better than the Genesis one, but there ARE more characters in the Genesis version and thus more themes to pick from).

I'm sort of becoming an ethnic percussion junky, but I think a bit here would really add to the atmosphere, especially since it's a jungle-y level, if I remember right (waterfall, right?). Also, glitch effects on ethnic stuff is REAL fun (if you want to turn into good 'ol pH :D ) A marimba or xylophone would fit in really nicely too and add to the jungle vibe, and a big rumbly bass drum for some low end hit action.

Obviously you're not done, so I'll leave it at that for now. Hope it helps!

pH

Damn, someone beat me to the punch on Shaq Fu!! Dig it so far. The effects at :55 are a bit harsh, and mixed pretty loud. Nice genesis sounding Bass. Reminds me of the Genesis version of Pitfall (which has crap music compared to the SNES version, which has crap music compared to the Windows '95 version (which is one of my all-time favorite OSTs). And Shaq Fu is another one of those really good, highly underrated soundtracks in the same vein (again, SNES version is much better than the Genesis one, but there ARE more characters in the Genesis version and thus more themes to pick from).

I'm sort of becoming an ethnic percussion junky, but I think a bit here would really add to the atmosphere, especially since it's a jungle-y level, if I remember right (waterfall, right?). Also, glitch effects on ethnic stuff is REAL fun (if you want to turn into good 'ol pH :D ) A marimba or xylophone would fit in really nicely too and add to the jungle vibe, and a big rumbly bass drum for some low end hit action.

Obviously you're not done, so I'll leave it at that for now. Hope it helps!

pH

The feel I decided to go for was Ethnic Hip Hop with Trance elements. :) two styles I've been perfectly happy going through my life so far without.

I should have something to post worth listening to tommarow or so. I should be finishing it up tonight but i'm waaay too tired right now to trust my ears. :)

Well folks, since I feel like I am progressively losing motivation to work on something, it can only mean one thing! Time for a workshop posting!

http://soundcloud.com/garpocalypse/shaqfu-kaori1-28-master

I originally decided to tackle this as part of my 1 hour compo training and It's been just over a week to get to this point. So I failed miserably! However, compared to what I normally spend time wise this was pretty fast for me.

What I originally had planned for this was a speed hip hop :) remix that would be good for punching another to (UFC on Fox in 2 hours!) but after getting into it, the remix came out far more...depressing.

Enjoy.

I used:

Dimension Pro

Rapture

Massive

Still playing around with a multiband on the master. It was suggested that as long as I am not hearing undesired pumping than I am probably not killing the mix. Still, I may very well have :)

-gar