My First FruityLoops Song

Well it only took me about 2 days to make, but seeing as i've never used any kind of DAW before i think this is a pretty good effort. I was just messing about with sounds and it ended up becoming a song, there wasn't really any plan for it. I thought it sounded like music that would be in the background if you were flying through clouds, don't know why. The metal part is meant to symbolise a storm cloud and turbulence, and the part after that is meant to be breaking through the storm into open air again. I didn't use the mixer because i've still not learned how to, so it'll probably sound really basic. I read DarkeSword's thread about youtube vids reducing sound quality but i'm not too bothered about it at this point. When i become more advanced i'll worry about every little part of the song being perfect. Anyway happy listening :)

Just to Mention.. This is the Work in Progress Forum for Remixes.

Anyway.. This Tune sounds even if its pretty low on Quality not bad for the first Time. But you should start working more with own instruments and higher quality samples.. and dont use drumloops, they make a mix repetetive very easily. The Mastering and Paning is very weak as well as the Volume control of the instruments. You get better as long as you keep working.. try to produce your own presets, drumlines and transitions and advance with more experience. Good Luck

But you should start working more with own instruments and higher quality samples.. and dont use drumloops, they make a mix repetetive very easily. The Mastering and Paning is very weak as well as the Volume control of the instruments. You get better as long as you keep working.. try to produce your own presets, drumlines and transitions and advance with more experience. Good Luck

Unfortunately all i have to work with is the samples FL comes with. I don't have any way to connect my guitar to the computer so i can get a more realistic sound. If you have any links to information that will be useful then please post them :)

Here's a useful link. :D

Ok arrangement skills, but you gotta work on the mixing and effects use, half the instruments here are ok, half of them terrible. Learn to hear which ones aren't up to par, and why (the synth at 2:58 for a different reason than the "guitar"). When handled right, you should get by with FL-included tools, tho it wouldn't hurt to get a few sets of soundfonts, synths, and effects from the net. There's lots of freebies out there.

Anyway, learn to use velocities, timing, pitch bend and modulation as part of your writing, learn to use the synth or sampler's built-in features to control how it responds to the writing, learn to use EQ, reverb, delay, compression and other effects to shape the sound after you have what you want out of the sampler/synth.

If it's not a vgm remix, it goes here. Mods can move this one when they notice it, but now you have no reason to make the same mistake again. :P

Don't just use them, but play around with fruityloops plug-ins.

Layer stuff, slice stuff, use effects that you'd never normally use.

I sliced and layered together three FL drumloops, I got a pretty phat and intense sounding drumkit.

Lol well i don't know how to do any of that but i'll find a tutorial somewhere

Well it's decent for a first song I guess, but most of the instruments sound pretty. I'm not very experienced myself, but I can definitely say you need to learn how to use all that stuff Rozovian mentioned earlier. Once you get the hang of that, your instruments'll start sounding a ton better.

The overall arrangement doesn't sound too bad too bad, but still needs some work. I'd focus on the samples first if I were you regardless.