*NO* Crystalis 'A Tale of the God Slayer' *RESUB*

Palpable

• 3 weeks later...

I gotta say, there are some really cool new arrangement ideas in here, like when things really get going at 1:55. However, the fact that it takes nearly 2 minutes for things to really get going is pretty much killing my excitement for the track. There's just too much fat in here now. Playing is pretty awesome, along with the drumming. Really awesome when you've got things going well.

Some of the synthwork doesn't feel like it's gelling with the rest, particularly the 3:51 section. Also, things are still a little overcompressed, making the track lose a little bit of that intensity to make it really rock.

Can anyone else confirm if it't clipping I'm hearing in the bigger areas, like around 5:17-6:11(ish)?

I hate to throw this back at you, but I still don't think it's ready as is.

NO (resubmit, please!)

• 3 weeks later...

As a song, this is ridiculously good, but as an OcRemix, you've added too much non-source elements for the theme to be dominant.

Production was closer, though some elements could have been massaged slightly in the levels. The drums were nice and punchy, but some of the other instruments were either too loud, too soft, or weirdly spaced, but overall i'm ok with the production as-is. Definitely could have a few minor improvements here and there, but the sophistication of the production has grown with each submission, so you are clearly on the right track.

Deia mentioned a few fixes you could manage, such as some areas getting a little busy, which are possible to pull off, but those sections specifically need a good deal of individual EQ'ing to pull off cleanly.

I love the track, but it's way too liberal right now. :-(

No

• 1 month later...

Just like the last version, the arrangement kicks ass but the execution still isn't there. This time the mix is too brickwalled, there's noticeable distortion when this song gets loud. I dunno, man, normally after this many resubs I tell the remixer to move on to something else, but this arrangement is so good. If you can just massage the production a bit more, get the distortion settled, get the mix sounding cleaner, we could easily pass this and people would love it. I will recommend putting your song up on the Workshop forums if you haven't already, or even send me or one of the other judges a PM for more specific help.

NO (resubmit)