*NO* Sonic 3D Blast (GEN) 'Enigmatic Melody'

OceansAndrew

Name: Arceace

Email address: jugglemon312@yahoo.com

Game: Sonic 3D Blast (Sega Genesis version)

Title: Enigmatic Melody

Original track: Rusty Ruin

Link:

I've never actually liked this particular Sonic game. The only reason why I liked playing it was because of the music. I would often play until I got to this level and listen to the music. While surfing around the internet, I actually came across this song again. I still love it now just as much as when I was a kid. It took quite a few tries to get this arrangement to sound how I wanted it to. But, in the end, it turned out quite well.

Enjoy!

Arceace

the storm and rain sounds in the beginning are way too loud. they're overcompressed and all of your instruments are causing noticible dips in the sound. the soundscape feels a bit sparse; theres a lot of reverb filling the space, but the instruments just sound really dry on their own. I really love a lot of what you've done with the arrangement, but it's not sounding cohesive to me in terms of instrumentation and mixing. not sure how else to put it. perhaps some of the other J's can elaborate a bit more. :sleepdepriv:

NO(resub)

• 4 weeks later...

The rain SFX are definitely in need of coming down; they are overpowering everything, and because of that, it's difficult to get a feel for how the soundscape is actually sitting, because it is forcing the whole track to be overcompressed. I think the bass needs to come down in volume and maybe an octave as well, and even after the rain fades, the whole track is way too compressed. I think bringing things down overall will give a more accurate sound to this; the arrangement is sounding good, but the production needs a good deal of work.

No, please resubmit