DragonAvenger

Remixer Name: DusK

Email: rogueshinobiryu@gmail.com

User ID: 24328

Games: Mega Man, Mega Man 2

Arrangement Name: Insulator

Songs Arranged: Elec Man, Wood Man

Platform: Nintendo Entertainment System

Composers: Manami Matsumae (Elec Man), Takashi Tateishi (Wood Man)

Release Year: 1987 (MM), 1988 (MM2)

Source 1 (Elec Man): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns0NSzqnjvA

Source 2 (Wood Man): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1nhkCByv-E

Remix:

Comments: My first and only submission for the Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2011, losing against eventual champion WillRock, but managing to snatch a third of the votes in what many called a difficult vote. I thought it over a lot, and I think this track could be OCR material, so I tweaked it a bit and decided to sub it.

• 4 weeks later...

The lead guitar sounds muffled in the beginning, and the bass is lacking low end, but the sounds chosen fit well, they just need tweaking. Drums are also slightly muffled sounding as well, and overall I think the track could use some more high end.

Arrangement is very cool, and the transitions between the themes are exciting and intelligently done. The lead playing ranges from being very solid and flowing, to stiff and blocky. I think smoothing out the plaing in some sections would help the track out.

Overall, the arrangement is solid, but the production and some of the performance aspects need to be improved. I definitely think this could pass with some tweaking though! :-)

No, please resubmit

When the track started I was worried that you were going to just stick in cover territory, but thankfully I was proven wrong, and there's some neat stuff going on in this track. I do think it stays fairly conservative within each melody, but there s some personalization too.

I think Andrew's crits are valid, and worth looking at. The bass sticks out to me especially, and beefing that up will definitely help the overall balance of the track. Overall I think the production is good, but it just needs that nudge up a level for it to pass.

NO (please resubmit)

the muffled sound is definitely problematic, and brings down the whole mix. try cutting out some more unused frequencies from each of your instruments and give them their own space. definitely agree that it's lacking in the high end. synths are a bit vanilla, but otherwise I'm liking the sound of this. no qualms with the arrangement, it's personalized and well-expanded on. the mixing just needs some more work.

NO(resub)