*NO* Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening 'Melodies of Mabe Village'

DragonAvenger

Dear OC ReMix Judges,

Attached is an improved version of an arrangement I originally submitted to OverClocked ReMix on Sep. 30, 2011, that was evaluated by Andrew on Oct. 22, 2011 and rejected on the grounds of poor sample quality. I gave the MIDI to oikanys who played it through the higher quality sounds in SONAR and a hardware drum module. The sound quality is much improved, and I hope it is sufficient.

ReMixers: Sauraen, oikanys

Emails: Sauraen: sauraen@gmail.com , oikanys: brennan.harris@gmail.com

OC ReMix Forums Userids: Sauraen: 47320, oikanys: [none]

Game: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993, Nintendo, Game Boy)

ReMix Title: Melodies of Mabe Village

Songs arranged: Ballad of the Wind Fish, Mabe Village, Koholint Island

Software and hardware used: Sibelius, Cakewalk SONAR Producer, Alesis DM-5, Audacity

I hope you enjoy this arrangement.

Sincerely,

Sauraen

----------

- Mabe

- Ballad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmR6APNpZKU - Koholint

• 2 months later...

The arrangement of this is beautiful, but the samples are still sounding very dated. I think it is definitely a step up, and the instruments chosen are good, but the sequencing is very mechanical and could use some modulation and velocity work, and that would help make the current samples sound better. A great remix can be produced with cheap/free samples, and there are resources available in the workshop section of the site. You definitely have talent as an arranger, but the sequencing and samples still need improvement.

Hit me up with a PM if you'd like a bump of assistance in the right direction, I can help. :-)

No, please resubmit

Andrew hit all the key points here. The samples are at a level that isn't quite there, but I agree that they can be finessed to work. Fixing up the sequencing will be a grat first start, and taking his advice as well as hitting the WIP forums to get some more could be the nudge you need to get this over the edge. Good luck!

NO (resubmit)