MMX Command Mission - Ninetails (Drum n Bass)

Phonetic Hero

Hey y'all, got a bit of inspiration, looking for some feedback.. DnB has always been a tough genre for me to tackle for some reason. I've tried a couple times before, and it either didn't end up sounding like DnB should sound or I just said "fuck it" and gave up completely haha. I'm gonna finally try to tackle it, but I need some help!! Anything you got for me would be great. Thanks!

It's still not like, standard DnB by any stretch, but it's *more* DnB than my other DnB attempts. DnB. Plus it's a little chippy, since I haven't done anything in that vein in a while. Whee!

And godDAMNIT that stupid first note should NOT be filtered differently than the rest, but FL is deciding to be a chawch.

Mix

Source (Planning on adding in 2 others from MMX5, since they're in the same key already anyway, and both pretty damn awesome)

Thanks again!

pH

EDIT: ...anyone else getting a "DaMonz" vibe? Where 'e at

Hey Phonetic - I'll be happy to post some thoughts for you!

- For the intro, I love the synth that starts things off, it really catches your attention and has a nice flow to it, I wouldn't mess with it. When the build hits though, I'm not really feeling that bass - it's just not deep or impressive enough, it feels like it falls flat. Drums seem okay here.

- The build at 0:16 is good. The drums mesh well, and things have this nice building sensation, I like that, but I really don't like the drum that kicks things off @ 0:22 - just might be me being nitpicky though.

- After things kick off, The bass sounds much better here, the drums are definitely passable in my book, None of the synths sound really bad and everything feels mixed decently. While I like everything in this section, I'll also say that nothing really stands out as super awesome. Try to find something to highlight. Also this goes without saying, but its super short right now :) I'd like to hear more.

Hope it helps.

-Dusty