*NO* Shadow of the Colossus 'Wanderer on the Offensive'

Liontamer

Game: Shadow of the Colossus

Song(s): "Counterattack" and "The Opened Way"

Remix Title: Wanderer On The Offensive

Remixer: Cerrax

Original Composer: Kow Otani

I have always loved the music from Shadow of the Colossus. It is probably the best game I have played in years. But trying to do a remix of such excellent music is tough, as it is already quite a stunning work. The colossus battle themes "Counterattack" and "The Opened Way" are practically on repeat on my iPod. They were stuck in my head and I just couldn't get them out! So I remixed them.

The title of the remix "Wanderer On The Offensive" speaks greatly of the nature of the mix. One of the things to note in SotC soundtrack is that even the brutalest moments have a very gentle side to them.

So I decided to get rid of that and just rock the hell out of these songs :P It's sort of as if Wanderer is fed up with being a bug on the windsheild and starts being the wasp with deadly poison.

Well enjoy!

-Cerrax (Charles Koch)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wondering why you didn't retract this given that you potentially have Sixto on board for guitar, but we'll just go on this one as is.

Wander and the Colossus -Roar of the Earth- Original Soundtrack - (21) "Counterattack ~Battle With the Colossus~" & (08) "The Opened Way ~Battle With the Colossus~"

Hoo boy, that guitar synth is pretty nasty. :-D Just sounds really fake and super dry. The drumwork doesn't have the power it needs either, particularly that snare during the verses.

That plucked string instrument at :42 made me pause the track, it's so rough. It's absolutely buried in the back, sounds incredibly thin as if there's 0 string resonance, and sounds very mechanically sequenced (:53-:1:05, especially). :'-( It came back at 2:45 with the same writing ideas verbatim; you gotta do something different and help things evolve. Tempo change at 4:02 for the ending was awkward, and the track abruptly cut out at 4:20 in the middle of the cymbal fade.

The arrangement is in the right place, so this is promising at the core, but this track itself was just ugly-sounding the whole way. Things really need more finesse to get this sounding the way it does in your head. The sequenced guitar playing just sounds cheap and choppy the whole way through. It's cool that you've got Sixto on the collab side now, but keep learning on your own, Charles, so that you can achieve richer, more realistic sounds in the event that no one is available to collab.

NO (resubmit)

• 2 months later...