Small of Two Pieces (Xenogears) WIP vocal remix.

IKRENEGADEIK

Something I've recorded over the past few days, could use some feedback on it, everything is still relatively rough and all guitar and vocal tracks were completed in one or two takes. Also, the solos were improvised so they're not entirely polished. anyway i would appreciate some feedback on this, hoping to see if its worth continuing work on. apologies in advance for my rather untrained voice xP

link:

http://www.ikrenegade.com/Audio/Small%20of%20two%20pieces.mp3

Not bad. Like the laid-back tempo of the track. Guitar and drums are cool. Nice solo, too. As for the singing, you sound pretty cool...but the vocals are very drowned out...can't make some of them out. I'm not an expert on this, but your voice needs better processing or clearer recording.

Curious about the lyrics...

• 2 weeks later...

You've got some weird delay on the voice, whether it's because of the recording or some funky (bad) processing. It could use some more volume too. Good voice, by the way, a bit whining, but it suits the style. This sounds a lot like old Juliana Theory songs, sound, voice, everything.

Dunno about source vs original content/interpretation, but I think you're clear on that. Re-record (the "broken mirror" part towards the end is in most need of re-recording) and properly process the voice and you should be ok. Drums might need some slight room reverb or other samples. That stuff isn't as tight as it could be, but it has a very honest and indie feel that I'd YES. If you'd re-record the voice at least.

Yeah, your voice sounds kinda muffled, as if you had a cold. Compared to the rather clear vocals of the original song, this isn't exactly an improvement. And I concur on the whiny part; at little less whine in your voice'd be nice.

Furthermore, to me, the mix really kinda drags on. Speed it up a bit, or make it more interesting by using more instruments.